Pakoras Recipe Kit
A delicious crispy starter perfect as a stand-alone snack or as an appetiser before your main meal.
These succulent, mini chunks of chicken coated in a tasty gram flour mix are much loved by many. The delicate flavours of coriander and fenugreek mixed with the right amount of chilli will have you reaching out for more.
Spice Pack :Gram Flour, Chilli, Coriander
Allergens contained in the ingredients are in Bold above.
Packed in an environment that handles Gluten, Wheat Flour, Nuts, Peanuts, other Nuts, Pepper, Sesame Seeds and Mustard Seeds.
You will need the following:
- 100g chicken, or potatoes or any other protein (cut into small pieces)
- 1 onion chopped into small pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 green chilies (Optional)
- 1 cup luke warm water
- Oil of choice for frying
- Salt to taste
- 1 mixing bowl
How to Cook
- In a mixing bowl add the chicken, spice pack, lemon, optional chillies, and mix well
- A small amount of water will need to be added to ensure the chicken or protein is fully coated and the batter is sticking to it.
- Add salt as your preference
- Heat your wok or karahi with oil for deep frying
- Drop a little batter into the oil to test if it is hot enough. Carefully place a heaped tablespoon of mixture into the oil be careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- If required use a fork to keep the pakoras pieces separate and to turn over a couple of times.
- Fry on medium heat for 10-15 min until golden brown, remove carefully and place on kitchen towel to drain
- Serve and enjoy with your favourite dip.