Butter Chicken Recipe Kit
Butter Chicken is also traditionally known as Murgh Makhni and is one of the most popular and delicious dishes in India. Butter Chicken is a favourite for Indians when visiting their local restaurants and has its origins from the Moti Mahal restaurant in Delhi.
Whilst traditionally the marinated chicken is grilled in a tandoori chicken masala first and then cooked in a smooth buttery and tomato-based gravy, we have simplified the process so that you can cook the chicken straight in a pot and get the same authentic meal.
Marinate Pack: Kasturi Methi, Red Colouring. Masala Mix Pack: Jeera, Coriander, Tumeric, Garam Masala mix spice, Red Chilli. Ginger & Garlic Paste Pack: Ginger, Garlic. Fried Onions Pack: Onions, Vegetable Oil.
Allergens contained in the ingredients are in Bold above.
Packed in an environment that handles Gluten, Wheat Flour, Nuts, Peanuts, other Nuts, Pepper, Sesame Seeds and Mustard Seeds.
You will need the following:
- 600g Boneless Chicken – Diced
- 50 grams Butter
- 200 grams full fat Yogurt
- 100 ml Cream
- 2 large tomatoes chopped into small pieces
- A handful of Fresh chopped Coriander
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies if additional heat required (optional)
How to Cook
1. Begin first by lovingly marinating the chicken in a bowl with the marinate pack, yogurt and add salt to taste.
2. Leave for at least 1 hr at room temperature or overnight in the fridge
3. In a heavy bottom pan add and melt the butter on low heat for a minute
4. Carefully on a low heat add the pre-fried onions and keep stirring until softened and onions are sizzling (Careful not to burn them).
5. Next add and saute the garlic and ginger paste carefully for about 2 minutes until golden brown
6. Quickly add the masala pack, cream, tomato, and mix well, cook for 5 mins on medium heat until soft.
7. Now add the marinated chicken and all the mixture into the pan and stir well.
8. Check and stir after 15 minutes and add Green Chillies and Salt as per your preference.
9. Cover and cook for at least 30 minutes on a slow to medium flame until fully cooked.
10. Once fully cooked garnish with finely chopped fresh Coriander leaves (optional).
11. Serve and enjoy with Naan bread or Basmati Rice