Jalfrezi Recipe Kit
A beautiful bold quick fry dish from Bengal. This tasty thick dish is made up of stir fried chilies, peppers onions and tomatoes cooked with meat, or chicken or even vegetarian options like tofu. The lovely fragrant spices and striking flavors will leave you mesmerised at the simplicity of this tomato based curry.
Spice Pack : Jalfrezi Spice mix (salt, coriander, red chilli, garlic, ginger, black pepper, white pepper, turmeric, black cumin) kashmiri chilli, turmeric, cumin, coriander, garam masala
Ginger & Garlic: Ginger, Garlic
Fried Onions: Onions, Vegetable Oil
Allergens contained in the ingredients are in Bold above.
Packed in an environment that handles Gluten, Wheat Flour, Nuts, Peanuts, other Nuts, Pepper, Sesame Seeds and Mustard Seeds.
You will need the following:
- 600g chicken or any other protein (diced)
- 1 large onion (Sliced into chunks)
- 2 bell peppers (Sliced to your preference)
- 100g tomato puree
- 4tbs oil
- 150ml water
- Salt to taste
HOW TO COOK
- Start with shallow frying the chicken/protein. Add the 4tbs of oil into the pan on medium heat, stir occasionally until the protein goes white or lightly cooked (approx. 5-10 mins)
- When lightly cooked drain the protein out and place in a bowl. Keeping the oil in the pan with all the stock.
- Next add your sliced onions and peppers into pan and let it cooked for 5 mins or until soft.
- After becoming soft, take out the peppers/onions and place into the same bowl as the protein.
- For the jalfrezi sauce add more oil (if needed) into the same pan, let it heat on low
- Add ginger/garlic paste and tomato puree and stir for couple of minutes.
- Time to add the fried onions pack with 150ml water and mix well (med heat). Let it cook for 5 mins.
- When ready add the protein with fried peppers & onions and mix in the spice pack. Stir occasionally and cook with the lid on. This should cook for 10 to 15mins.
- Add salt to taste
- Serve and enjoy
There are no reviews yet.