Onion Bhaji (Pakoras) Recipe Kit
A much-loved Indian street food classic. Often enjoyed with a warm cup of masala (spicy) tea or just on it’s own.
This crispy appetiser is made up of fragrant sliced onions held together with a flavour filled gram flour mix. These onion pakoras are lightly spiced to ensure your taste-buds enjoy each bite.
Spice Pack : Yellow Split Peas, Chick Peas, Coriander, Tumeric, Red Chilli, Salt
Raita Pack: Kasturi Methi, Coriander, Cumin
Allergens contained in the ingredients are in Bold above.
Packed in an environment that handles Gluten, Wheat Flour, Nuts, Peanuts, other Nuts, Pepper, Sesame Seeds and Mustard Seeds.
You will need the following:
- 1 large-sized onion(225g) – Chopped into chunks
- 2 green chilies – finely chopped (Optional)
- A handful of Fresh chopped Coriander
- 1 cup of lukewarm water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsb cooking oil of choice
- 1 tbsb lemon juice
- 1 mixing bowl
- 150g full fat or Greek yogurt
How to Cook
- Begin with adding the chopped onion and optional chilies into the mixing bowl
- Then add the spice pack and mix well
- Add lukewarm water and keep mixing until you have a thick batter consistency similar to double cream and air bubbles are visible. If it is still too stiff add more water.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil and lemon juice into the batter
- Heat your karahi/wok with oil for deep frying
- Drop a little batter into the oil to test if is hot enough. Carefully place heaped tablespoons of mixture into the oil be careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- If required use a fork to keep the bhajis pieces separate and to turn over until cooked.
- Fry on medium heat until golden brown, remove carefully, and place on a kitchen towel to drain.
- Add raita pack into the yogurt, Salt to taste and mix well.